■ Important information about version upgrades
If you bought a license for xplorer² v1.x then you will need a new key issued if you want to upgrade to the latest version 2.0. This holds even for people who purchased free lifetime upgrades warranties. Your old v1.x key will not work for v2.0.
The upgrade path explained in this page applies only for upgrading to xplorer² professional. There is no upgrade path from the old v1.x to the new ultimate edition.
Many of the existing customers are entitled to free replacement keys as long as:
- You have bought a free lifetime upgrades warranty
- or, you bought xplorer² during the last 12 months
All other people will have to purchase a replacement key, possibly with a discount as follows:
- if you bought xplorer² up to two (2) years ago then you can upgrade with a 33% discount
- All other (older) customers will need to purchase a license at full price
You do not have to upgrade to v2.0 if you don't need the extra new features. Your old key will continue working for the last stable version 1.81. You can download the older version here:
Download old xplorer² build 1814
■ How do I get my free replacement key or automatic discount?
If you hold a free lifetime upgrades warranty or bought xplorer² during the past 12 months you are entitled to a free replacement key, should you wish to upgrade to v2.0 professional. The procedure is very simple.
Please follow these simple steps to get your key/discount quickly and automatically:
- Install v2.0 on any computer where you had installed the old xplorer² v1.x with a valid license
(if you don't have the old version installed please do so first and activate it with your old key)
- Make sure you have an internet connection
- Start xplorer² v2.0; if you see the opening nag screen click on secure online order button
- If there is no nag screen when you start xplorer², use Help > Register program menu command
- Click on YES button to proceed with the online check
- xplorer² will check your old license online and depending on your situation:
- You will be prompted for a valid email address where you will receive your free key, or
- You will be offered a special purchase link where you can buy a discounted upgrade
If xplorer² finds no old license key or if it is too old you will be redirected to the full price purchase page. Please contact support if you need any further information.
You can only claim your free or discounted upgrade once. So please make sure you use a valid email address. To avoid delays please use the same name and email address you used when you first purchased xplorer² — assuming the email is still working.